Sing with the Orchestra is a program for anyone who loves to sing in a choir and wants to experience the power of a full symphony orchestra.
In a single day immersive experience, participants will rehearse in Queensland Symphony Orchestra’s South Bank Studio with renowned conductor Graham Abbott before being joined by the full orchestra to sing through a selection of choruses from J.S. Bach St John’s Passion, Handel Belshazzar and Brahms A German Requiem (All sung in English).
Participants in Sing with the Orchestra will:
- Experience the power of singing in a great acoustic supported by a full sized professional orchestra;
- Work with renowned choral conductor Graham Abbott;
- Sing favourite choral classics in a fun low pressure environment;
- Engage in a day of music making with other like-minded community choristers.
This opportunity is for adults (18 years and older) who love to sing regardless of ability or experience. Access to rehearsal tracks will be provided to help prepare, but this is not compulsory.
After booking, a link will be sent to you to access sheet music for practice purposes. Note that due to copyright restrictions this music must be destroyed or returned to us after the event. Please allow three to five days to receive this link.
J.S. Bach St. John Passion
Part 1 No. 1: Chor - Herr, unser Herrscher
Part 2 No. 39: Chor - Ruht wohl, ihr heiligen Gebeine
Part 2 No. 40: Choral - Ach Herr, Iass dein lieb Engelein
No.47B Chorus Persians - O Glorious Prince
Brahms Ein deutsches Requiem
1. Chorus: "Selig sind die da Leid tragen" (Blessed are they that mourn)
4. Chorus: "Wie lieblich sind deine Wohnungen" (How lovely is Thy dwelling place)
Female high voice - soprano
Female low voice - alto
Male high voice - tenor
Male low voice - bass
If you are unsure of your voice type please tick the unsure box and we will place you in the correct group on the day.
Sheet music will be provided on the day.
Contact Queensland Symphony Orchestra's Community Engagement Manager, Judy Wood - email@example.com or (07) 3833 5055