How to Book Your Concert Tickets
#Concerts at Queensland Symphony Orchestra Studio, South Bank
(07) 3833 5044
Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm
Queensland Symphony Orchestra
GPO Box 9994
Brisbane QLD 4001
Queensland Symphony Orchestra recommend the best way to protect your rights as a consumer when purchasing tickets online is to follow the ‘Buy Tickets’ links from this website or directly through the local venue box office.
Any tickets purchased through unauthorised sales channels may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission. Unauthorised sales channels include Viagogo, eBay and Gumtree.
#The risk of buying tickets elsewhere online
The recent emergence of reseller channels for event/entertainment tickets online is impacting ticketing agencies and the live performance industry both nationally and internationally.
Many of these sales channels are aggressively competing for event related search engine keywords to entice consumers to their sites for the purchase of tickets, often at highly inflated prices and with little authentication processes to ensure the validity of tickets being sold. There is great risk for ticket buyers as these sites are being utilised by scammers who at times are:
- re-selling the same ticket/seat to several consumers
- making the original purchase with a stolen credit card.
As a consequence, any tickets purchased through unauthorised sales channels may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket denied admission.
#What next if I have purchased a ticket via an unauthorised seller?
- Consider that you may be denied admission to the event and your ticket may have been cancelled by the venue due to one or a combination of the following reasons:
- your ticket appears to have been purchased through an unauthorised sales channel;
- your ticket is suspected to have been resold on multiple occasions to you and others seeking to claim admission with the same ticket;
- your ticket is suspected to have been originally purchased via a stolen credit card or fraudulent behaviour has been detected when the purchase has been processed
- Check the terms and conditions of the sales channel from which you have purchased a ticket for events with Queensland Symphony Orchestra.
- If you have been denied admission, we recommend you lodge a complaint to the sales channel you purchased tickets from directly. If, however you don’t receive a response, and depending on the circumstances related to your ticket purchase, you may also consider contacting:
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC),
- the Office of Fair Trading; or
- the police.
#How can we help your further?
Unfortunately, if your tickets were not purchased by you from qso.com.au or the venue box office directly, our team do not have a record of your purchase transaction to secure these tickets. Where possible Queensland Symphony Orchestra Box Office (or the venue Box Office) can attempt to sell you a new seat but we are not able to resolve issues relating to your ticket purchased via an unauthorised reseller.
Queensland Symphony Orchestra is working with our industry counterparts and the industry body, Live Performance Australia, in addressing relevant updates to the ticketing code of practice as well as implementing processes that educate consumers about the risks involved with purchasing tickets from a reseller or an unauthorised ticketing channel.
Further information including a Safe Tix Guide can be obtained from the Live Performance Australia website.