Orchestra For Everyone
With a heavy heart Queensland Symphony Orchestra has cancelled all performances and activities up to and including 13 September 2020 as a result of COVID-19. This includes all concerts, educational workshops and community events.
We know this is disappointing for our audiences, not to mention our family of musicians who share a deep love of music and are born to perform. However, our top priority is the health of our patrons and our company, so it is crucial we follow the best advice available on COVID-19. We are working closely with all Government agencies, as well as our venue partner QPAC, and will share updates whenever they arise, particularly if there is a change in our restart date.
This is a challenging time for everyone, particularly our vibrant and internationally acclaimed arts sector.
Moving forward, all ticket holders will be contacted with further information, including the ongoing opportunity to donate the value of purchased tickets.
Already we have seen generous patrons choose to donate refunds on their cancelled tickets back to Queensland Symphony Orchestra, as a tax-deductible contribution, and we are so thankful. As a performing industry, we rely heavily on ticket sales, and the prospect of cancelling multiple shows will affect everyone significantly. It is not just musicians, but crew, lighting and sound technicians, producers, box office staff, casual workers and more. Your understanding, generosity and support is so appreciated.
History teaches us that in times of great challenge and uncertainty the arts are uniquely placed to provide hope and inspiration. We are so grateful to have such a loyal and supportive community, and we hope we can make use of this time to bring music to you in new ways.
As an Orchestra For Everyone, we are committed to sharing our love of music, despite the limitations placed upon us. Please follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram to follow our progress.
Please stay safe and healthy and know that our show will go on. We will provide further update as the situation progresses.
* The Ballet Beautiful - Sun 15 Mar
* Peasant Prince - Wed 18, Thu 19 + Sat 21 Mar
* Sing with the Orchestra - Satu 28 Mar
* Mozart’s Jupiter - Fri 3 + Sat 4 Apr
* Beethoven, Rossini and Weber - Sun 19 Apr
* Opera Gala - Fri 24 + Sun 26 Apr
* Bolero and Beyond - Sat 2 May
* CINEMATIC - Sat 9 May
* Beethoven and Dvorak - Sat 16 May
* Happy Birthday Beethoven - Sun 24 May
* Mozart and Golijov - Sun 7 Jun
* Last Night of the Proms - Sat 13 Jun
* Don Quixote - Fri 19 + Sat 20 Jun
* Music of the Masters - Sat 25 Jul
* Brahms, Muczynski and Martinů - Sun 2 Aug
* Ode to Joy - Sat 8 Aug
* Vienna and Beyond - Sun 16 Aug
* Pyrotechnic Violin - Fri 28 + Sat 29 Aug
* Mozart, Strauss and Adams - Sun 13 Sep