QSO Terms and Conditions of Sale
Tickets sold to Queensland Symphony Orchestra performances are subject to Queensland Symphony Orchestra conditions of sale and to the requirements of the venue at which our performances are presented. The following applies to all tickets to Queensland Symphony Orchestra performances.
The right of admission is reserved. Queensland Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to vary without notice programs, artists and/or venues as may become necessary, but will endeavour to give notice of any changes to programming prior to the performance. Queensland Symphony Orchestra is not liable to you for any claims, damages, compensation, losses or expenses as a result of a performance being cancelled, postponed or changed.
Patrons arriving late will not be able to be admitted into the venue's auditorium until there is a suitable break in the performance.
There will be no refund or exchange of tickets except as provided in the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice:
Tickets are valid only when purchased from authorised ticketing agents - Queensland Symphony Orchestra, qtix, ACGA, Ticketek, Powertix, etc. All patrons, irrespective of age, must hold a valid ticket and occupy a seat or dedicated position (unless this has the potential to cause injury to the person).
Audience members' cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue's auditorium. Mobile telephones, pagers and similar equipment must be turned off before entry into the venue's auditorium. Queensland Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to record, broadcast and simulcast any performance.
You may be photographed, filmed or taped whilst attending a Queensland Symphony Orchestra performance, and purchase of your ticket implies your consent for Queensland Symphony Orchestra to do so. In this instance, Queensland Symphony Orchestra may broadcast, publish, license and use any photographs, film, recordings or images of you without compensation. Queensland Symphony Orchestra and any third party who has the right to use the material are not liable to you in any way for its use.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own property and safety and for the safety of any person accompanying you at a Queensland Symphony Orchestra performance. To the extent permitted by the law, you release Queensland Symphony Orchestra (including its directors, officers, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and volunteers) from any liability for any damage, loss, liability or injury you may suffer in relation to your attendance at a venue, howsoever caused, including due to any negligence or other act or omission of Queensland Symphony Orchestra. Patrons who disrupt a performance may be asked to leave the venue.
You agree to compensate for any damage, loss, liability or injury Queensland Symphony Orchestra may suffer as a result of your wilful, reckless or negligent acts or omissions at a venue.
Concession ticketS and student tickets
Concession discount available to Centrelink issued card holders. Seniors Card holders are not eligible. Student discount is available to full time students. Student cards need to have a clearly indicated expiry date. Please supply proof of ID for each discount claimed.
Please remember to bring your Centrelink card or Student card with you to the concert. Orders with student tickets will be held at Box Office until Student ID is supplied.
Available to a person aged 14 and under. Children aged 18 months and under may attend free of charge if sat on a parent’s lap.
Proof of ID will be required for each concession claimed.
Processing your package/subscription order
Tickets will be allocated in date order of receipt, prioritised as follows: renewals without seating changes, renewals with changes, new subscriptions. Seats are subject to availability. Your credit card will be debited or your cheque banked on receipt of your subscription application. This establishes priority for your booking within the QSO’s ticketing system. Cash payments can be made at the QSO Box Office. For orders received in August, September or October you can expect to receive your tickets in November. For orders received after these months, tickets will be posted within 5 working days of receipt of your booking. Tickets will be posted to the primary contact listed on the booking form.
Paying by instalment
If paying by credit card, payment for your subscription can be split over two instalments. QSO will take half of the cost of your booking, plus deferment fee of $7, transaction fee and any donation, upon receipt of your booking. Please note that your second instalment will automatically be deducted on the 1st December 2017 without further notice from QSO. When paying in instalments your tickets will be posted to you after the final payment is taken. Paying by instalment is not available when booking online.
Choose to add extra tickets to concerts to bring friends and family or to add to your set series. If you wish to sit together you may have to relinquish your renewable seats for that specific concert. Please complete the ‘Extra Tickets’ column on the booking form. These tickets are at Choose-Your-Own 3+ subscriber rates.
Concession and student tickets
Concession discount available to Centrelink issued card holders. Seniors Card holders are not eligible. Student discount is available to full time students. Student cards need to have a clearly indicated expiry date. Please supply proof of ID for each discount claimed. Please remember to bring your Centrelink card or Student card with you to the concert. Orders with student tickets will be held at Box Office until Student ID is supplied.
Set series subscribers with renewable seats
If you were a Maestro 10-pack, Morning Masterworks 5-pack, Choral 2-pack or Music on Sundays 5-pack subscriber QSO Box Office has already reserved you the same seats you had in 2017 for the 2018 Season. We have also reserved seats for Chamber Player set series subscribers. In order to retain these seats you must renew by Wednesday 27 September 2017. After this date your seats will be released for sale. Seating change requests must be made at the time of renewing. Changes, where possible, will be made in date order of receipt. Where it is not possible to satisfy a change request, the original seats will be allocated.
Payment for new subscriptions will be taken upon receipt of your order. Seats will be allocated in date order of receipt and only once the renewing subscriber priority period ends on Wednesday 27 September 2017.
Subscriber ticket exchange benefit
If you are unable to attend a performance in your subscription package you may exchange your ticket to another performance. To complete an exchange, tickets must be returned to the Queensland Symphony Orchestra Box Office either in person or by post no later than two working days before the affected concert. QSO Subscriber ticket exchanges cannot be completed at QPAC or any other venue. Ticket exchanges are subject to availability.
Ticket exchange fees
Subscribers will not be charged for the first three ticket exchanges. Subscribers will be charged an exchange fee of $3.50 on their fourth ticket exchange to another concert or choice of seat and for any further exchanges. If the ticket being exchanged is more expensive than the original ticket price, you will need to pay the difference in price plus a $3.50 exchange fee per ticket. If the ticket being exchanged is less expensive than the purchased ticket price, a $3.50 exchange fee will be incurred and you will not be refunded the difference in ticket value.
Donations to Queensland Symphony Orchestra
Payments for donations to Queensland Symphony Orchestra will be processed and charged upon receipt of booking.
If you lose your ticket(s) please contact the Queensland Symphony Orchestra Box Office on (07) 3833 5044 and we will re-print your tickets. Re-printed tickets will not be posted. Re-printed tickets can only be collected from 1½ hours prior to the performance start time onwards from QSO staff at the venue Box Office. If you lose all of your tickets in your subscription you will be asked to collect the re-printed tickets before the next performance.
Pre-book your car park at QPAC
Patrons wishing to book parking at QPAC will need to contact QPAC 136 246 or book online at qpac.com.au/qpac_carpark.
Sunshine Coast bus
Val Bradfield organises transport from the Sunshine Coast to selected QSO concerts. For details phone Val direct on (07) 5491 4668. Please note, this is a privately run service.
Ticket Delivery Methods
Subscription ticket ticket delivery/collection
Tickets purchased as part of a subscription package will be posted (no postage fee applies) unless requested otherwise. If you do request to collect your tickets, they will be available from the Queensland Symphony Orchestra Box Office, 114 Grey Street, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101 (Monday to Friday, 9am—4.30pm) up to the day before the first performance in your subscription. On the day of a performance tickets can be collected from QSO staff at the venue Box Office from 1½ hours prior to the start of the performance onwards.
Performance tickets purchased via Queensland Symphony Orchestra Box Office
The Queensland Symphony Orchestra sells tickets for all performances held at QSO Studio South Bank, Brisbane City Hall, and The Courier-Mail South Bank Piazza. For tickets purchased via the QSO, which are not purchased as part of a subscription package, you may choose to have your tickets posted to you or to collect tickets at the Box Office.
QSO Venues - Postage: The cost of postage is included in the transaction charge. Tickets will be delivered within 7 days of purchase. Due to insufficient time to guarantee delivery, tickets purchased less than 7 days before a performance will be available for collection at the Box Office of the venue where the performance is to take place from one and a half hours before the performance only.
QSO Venues - Collect from Box Office: Customers may choose to collect their tickets. Customers may collect tickets from Queensland Symphony Orchestra reception, located ground floor of the ABC Building, corner of Grey and Russell Street, South Bank, 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. If you wish to collect tickets on the same day as a performance then the tickets will be available for collection at the Box Office at the venue the performance is held at from 1 and a half hours prior to the start of the performance only (as tickets may be in transit from QSO to the venue at any earlier time during that day).
QPAC Concert Hall - Performance tickets purchased via Qtix and QPAC Box Office
Tickets for performances held at QPAC Concert Hall, not booked as part of a subscription package, are sold through Qtix and QPAC only. Please refer to QPAC/Qtix ticket delivery statement via their website or click on the following link: http://www.qpac.com.au/useful_information/ticket_delivery/
Terms and Conditions for competitions with Queensland Symphony Orchestra
This sets out the terms of participation for all Queensland Symphony Orchestra competitions (each a "Competition").
1. The promoter of the Competition is the Queensland Symphony Orchestra (the "Promoter") (ABN 97 094 916 444) of 114 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101.
2. The Competition is open to all residents of Queensland. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Entrants under the age of 18 years must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter.
3. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry into the Competition is free unless otherwise stipulated.
5. Any entry received after the specified competition period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. You may not enter the Competition more than once.
7. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
8. Decisions of the Promoter are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Prizes will either be delivered by post to the winner or the winner will be notified that they are required to collect the prize from the Promoter's premises. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any prize that is lost in transit and will be under no obligation to replace the lost prize.
10. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter's conduct of the Competition or the Promoter's ability to deliver the prize to the prize winners, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
11. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
12. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize and damage to any prize in transit.